Greetings and thanks to all who visit our official website for the City of Dublin, Texas - birthplace and childhood home of famous golfer Ben Hogan.
Dublin is a city located in southwestern Erath County in Central Texas. The population is 3,696.
In 2005, Governor Rick Perry signed a bill designating Dublin as the official Irish Capital of Texas.
Dublin was the boyhood home of legendary golfer Ben Hogan, who was born on August 13, 1912, at the hospital in nearby Stephenville. Hogan lived in Dublin until 1921, when he and his family relocated to Fort Worth.
Dublin is the former home of the world's oldest Dr Pepper bottling plant. The plant was for many years the only U.S. source for Dr Pepper made with real cane sugar. The Dublin Bottling Works still resides and operates in Dublin offering a variety of original and popular flavors to quench your thirst!
We used licensed data to analyze over 1,000 Texas towns based on a number of factors deemed important for homebuyers such as income and population projections.
Dublin ranked #54 on our list!
The full report and methodology can be found here:
Hello Dublin Citizens,
We have applied for a $150,000.00 grant from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to repair or replace many items at our city park. This is a matching grant which means that our portion of the grant is $75,000.00. We have three years to complete the work
If we get our citizens to volunteer their time we get credit toward the reduction in our cost. They call it “In-kind effort”. Any hours of help will greatly reduce the amount of tax money we will have to spend the complete this needed project.
Please think about donating a couple of hours of your time to this project so that we can upgrade our park and include more fun things to do. If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the form below and send it to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We need all volunteer forms by Tuesday March 24, 2015.
Thank you in advance for any hours you can give to our park.
Dublin City Manager
Dublin City Park Repair and Replacement Project
1. Repair and repaint existing playground equipment
2. Remove and replace surface material for playground
3. Add new playground equipment at a different location.
4. Purchase new swimming pool cover.
5. Replace /repair/repaint soffit and fascia on pool
6. Repair /replace all bad electrical at ball fields, tennis
courts, public lighting and exterior plugs.
7. Remove and replace broken concrete floor in swimming
8. Rework / repair baseball fields
9. Repair chain link fence as needed.
10. Add benches at pathways and sitting areas of park. NEW
11. Add bicycle racks at pool and building area. NEW
12. Add more security lighting with timers
13. Add security cameras to deter vandalism. NEW
14. Add tennis court net.
15. Add dog watering station. NEW
16. Add more picnic tables.
17. Add more BBQ grills.
18. Develop a complete volley ball court. NEW
19. Develop Skate Board Park. NEW
20. Develop horse shoe pit. NEW
21. Paint existing buildings
22. Paint checker boards on table tops. NEW
23. Add more trash cans
24. Paint Hop Scotch area. NEW
25. Add exercise/ fitness stations – chin up bar, balance
beam etc. NEW
26. Repair paving.
27. Paint street stripping and add handicap parking.
28. Add more new bleachers.
29. Plant butterfly garden. NEW
Call Tarleton Ag department for help
30. Plant xeriscaping at entrance. NEW
Call Tarleton Ag department for help
31. Refurbish the putt-putt course.
“THE CITY OF DUBLIN ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE”.
Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
Help Us Better Serve You...
learn More About Our Wonderful Town...
The information on these pages will help residents learn more about their local government, and will offer convenient internet access to information about city services, city codes, ordinances, applications and forms. We have a section on frequently asked questions. Our goal as "citizens serving citizens" is to bring you quality